Yesterday 12/31/09 was my last official day as Director of Marketing for ParaPRO. Next week I start a new chapter with EYP Advisors. That story is for a future post. Today I’d like to say thanks to a few people that have helped me in 2009.
- Social media expertise. One of my goals for 2009 was to increase my understanding how social media can be used to initiate and grow relationships with key customers. James Burnes, Don Schlinder, Shayna Martin and the team at MediaSauce did a great job helping us understand how our customers were using social media and what we could do to make a real impact. Together we created a living lab and had the opportunity to experiment and figure out what worked, what needed improvement, and how to maximize the opportunities we were seeing. Dr. Itchy and the disease awareness site at http://www.dritchy.com/ are properties other companies will be using as benchmarks for years to come.
- A quality article. Another one of my goals was to publish an article on our clinical trial results in a peer-reviewed journal. Julie Aker, Leslie Schuh and the team at Concentrics did a tremendous job assisting Dr. Dow Stough to get the paper published in the journal Pediatrics.
- Public relations. Ed West and Debbie Davis taught me a lot about how the media works and how to create win/win opportunities to get our message out.
- The team at ParaPRO. No one can get big picture things done if the small things don’t get done. A big thanks to my admin team. I wrote about them in an earlier post.
- The ownership of SePRO. In 2002 SePRO, the parent company of ParaPRO decided to take a gamble and invest to license the active Spinosad from Eli Lilly and Company for the treatment of human head lice. Since that time the company has invested considerable resources to complete clinical trials and bring a product to market that will change way head lice are treated. Without management willing to take considerable risk and think like an entrepreneur this opportunity never would have happened.
May 2010 bring you much happiness and success.
Until next time – all the best!